Tuesday 19 March 2013

Artist Study: Yoji Shinkawa & Ashley Wood

Metal Gear Solid's always been my favorite series through all these years (with the exception of Rising/ Revengeance/ whatever which I absolutely disappointed in, but technically its NOT A TRUE MGS so that's okay). Most MGS offers interesting story-lines and with that comes the interesting characters too - not only visually but also with their greatness, flaws, vulnerability and drive.

Its always easiest to learn from a particular artist by recreating their drawings, and thats just what I did today and the character I picked was the spunky ever-so sexy Sniper Wolf from MGS1. Sure she's not the most realistically believable character; with that outfit in such a cold weather condition she was stationed at - but that's just why we love her to bits!

(Left) Reference, Ashley Wood, MGS1 Graphic Novel
(Right) My re-creation, wolf will be added some time.


(Left) Yoji Shinkawa, Art of MGS1, absolutely in love with this piece!
(Right) my re-creation.




No comments:

Post a Comment